A wonderful share from a Mum of children with anaphylaxis allergies.
- 3 cups (450g) SR flour
- 2/3 cup (80g) dairy-free custard powder OR 2/3 cup (70g) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (440g) caster sugar
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 2/3 cup (160ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to moderate (180 or 160 for fan forced).
- Line 2 x 12 hole muffin pans with paper cases.
- Sift the flour and custard powder/cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in the salt and sugar.
- Combine the measured water, oil, vanilla and lemon juice in a large jug.
- Whisk the water mixture into the flour mixture until smooth. Divide mixture among paper cases.
Bake in a moderate oven for about 25 minutes.
These freeze well in an air tight container.
This recipe can also be made into a cake instead of cupcakes, just watch and monitor cooking time.