Natural Medicine or Naturopathy which includes nutrition is an amazing form of natural health care that utilises numerous disciplines to treat most health disorders and help you achieve optimum health and wellbeing. Treatments vary and often include nutritional supplements, herbal medicines, and homeopathy. Natural therapies are able to effectively prevent and treat a wide range of acute and chronic health disorders and can also support patients receiving conventional treatment or recovering from surgery.
Naturopaths are guided by six fundamental healing principles:
- First, to do no harm, by using methods and medicines that minimize the risk of harmful side effects.
- To treat the causes of disease, by identifying and removing the underlying causes of illness, rather than suppressing symptoms.
- To teach the principles of healthy living and preventative medicine, by sharing knowledge with patients and encouraging individual responsibility for health.
- To heal the whole person through individualized treatment, by understanding the unique physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental and social factors that contribute to illness, and customizing treatment protocols to the patient.
- To emphasize prevention, by partnering with the patient to assess risk factors and recommend appropriate naturopathic interventions to maintain health and prevent illness.
- To support the healing power of the body, by recognizing and removing obstacles to the body’s inherent self-healing process.