NaturopathyDid you know that metals can be the root cause of most chronic diseases, as well as premature ageing?
Metals such as lead, mercury, cadmium, zinc, copper and iron produce large amounts of free radicals. Our environment is polluted with ionic metals, and most of the time we are not even aware of it. If the body cannot neutralise these metals, they will ‘stick’ to the body, build up to toxic levels and produce avalanches of free radicals.
Heavy metals may cause the following health problems;
- Long term exposure to cadmium is associated with renal dysfunction. High exposure can lead to obstructive lung diseases and has been linked to lung cancer
- Low exposure to chromium can irritate the skin and cause ulceration. Long term exposure can cause kidney and liver damage
- High doses of copper can cause anaemia, liver and kidney damage
- Exposure to lead can cause problems in the synthesis of haemoglobins, damage to the kidneys, gastrointestinal tract, joints, reproductive system and the nervous system
- Inorganic mercury poisoning is associated with tremors, gingivitis, psychological changes, spontaneous abortion and congenital malformation
- Long term exposure to nickel can cause decreased body weight, heart and liver damage and skin irritation
- Arsenic exposure can cause kidney and liver damage
- Aluminium toxicity is associated with the development of bone disorders
NaturopathyFree radicals are the cause for most chronic diseases, in particular rheumatism, diabetes, Parkinsons, Alzheimers, MND, MS, cancer, AIDS and heart problems. If we can neutralise these metals, we can reduce the amount of free radicals produced.
The Ionic Heavy Metal test is designed especially to detect the presence of toxic heavy metals in the body using a urine sample. Your Naturopath can include this in your next visit.;